Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fail Blog

Today was just bad all around.  For starters Sophia woke up at 6ish needing a diaper change and the diapers were still soaking wet.  I had no choice but to put her in a "fancy" diaper.  When we woke up for the day around 9 the diapers were still soaking wet.  Thankfully Adalyn slept late because I broke down and threw them in the dryer (Sophie was fine naked and even pooped in the potty!).  Even with that it took a full 50 minutes to dry them.  When I said they were soaking wet I wasn't lying!  Lesson learned I can not wash diapers really late at night and expect them to be ready in the morning. 

But there is good news....

Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman                                           
Wait, wait mister postman
Mister postman look and see
If there's a package in your bag for me
I been waiting such a long time
Since I heard the flat challenge is on
There must be some word today
From Swaddlebees so far away
Please mister postman look and see
If there's a package, a package for me
I been standing here waiting mister postman
So patiently
For just a cover or a flat diaper
Practicin' the oragami, kite to pad
Please Mr. Postman, look and see
If there's a package, oh yeh for me,
I've been waiting, a long long time
Since I've heard the flat challenge is on
So many days you passed me by
See the tear standing in my eye
You didn't stop to make me feel better
By delivering diapers or those covers
You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute
You gotta check it and see, one more time for me
Wait
Deliver the diapers, the sooner the better
Wait

*lyrics to Mr. Postman with a diaper twist

somewhere in this box of Swaddlebees, Blueberry and WeeHugger goodness are flat diapers!

I'm loving these cute prints!

So my next adventure in this challenge will be boiling diapers to remove the natural oils.  I've never done this before and not sure how long to boil and what I should be looking for.  Is there a tell tall sign that they are ready?
boiling my Swaddlebees unbleached flat diapers

If there is then I FAILED!  Sophia was leaking so bad today in these flats.  I know it was from a lack of priming.  These diapers feel thick and very absorbent.  I'm hoping after tonight's washing they will work better.  I plan on making these my diaper bag diapers.  Have I mentioned yet how much I like flats for the diaper bag?  It is so lite now. 

Complications

My issues today all boiled down to yesterdays late night of washing and use of all my flats and covers.  All I really needed to avoid my fail of using 1 "fancy" diaper and the dryer would have been 2 or 3 more flats, which I now have (thanks to the postman!).  I might have been able to find something to diaper with, but we are half packed up with the move this weekend so cheating it was. 

I never tried the kite fold.  Well, that isn't entirely true.  I attempted it this morning, but couldn't find a Snappi and the pins were still in the car.  I was too lazy to get dressed to go get them.  I now have them and will be using them tomorrow with my cool new fold.  And I promise no more cheating!





No comments:

Post a Comment